Sunday 10 February 2013

Fly me to the moon

January saw a lot of prep of bits and pieces, but not a lot of finished art However February is a month of finishing things off. So the theory is that I will blog more this month.

I bought a Windsor and Newton 12" x 12" Sketch Book at the back end of last year as I liked the paper. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Then when we were at a craft show the other week I was looking around the other stall as you do and saw a Mask from Splodge Away and just had to have it. An idea formed in my noggin and I had a theme for my sketch book. It is now my circle and square journal. All the pages are going to be designs predominantly based on circles and squares.

Unlike popular advise I always have to start a new journal or sketch book etc. on the first page, I just can't settle until it's done. So my first page is a very simple one based on my idea for my new Splodge Away Mask.



I placed the mask on a circle of black paper and sprayed with mica sprays in reds and coppers and bronzes. I left it to dry naturally as I wanted the pitted splattered effect of a rough surface.
I drew mechanical wings free hand and outlined with a silver pencil to create the effect of veins on the wings and attached to the man's coat. I was going to draw straps onto the man to represent a harness but, decided against it as I liked the silhouette. The stars are Sparkle Medium (Imagination crafts)  stenciled through a star stencil I have in my stash. The words are written in red gel pen and come from a 1964 song by Bart Howard made famous by Frank and several of the other crooners 'Come fly me to the moon'.  The page was distressed with shades of blue distress ink and the stamp is from Tim Holtz District Warehouse CMS 124 set. I was going to put more embellishments on it, however I like it simple and felt the need to walk way and call it done.

So until next time happy crafting

Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment