Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tim Holtz 12 tags 2013 January

I can't believe where the 1st half of January has gone. The year started with a few lazy days with Ice skating (Mouse) and bowling (all of us) not easy when you can cough for England but enjoyable any way (Feeling much better now).  Then back to reality, stock taking, shop cleaning, making sure Santa and his spare presents got back to the North Pole along with the bar and boat decorations. For the first few days they both looked bare now they just seem normal.

I promised myself that I would do something creative everyday this year and so far I have managed whether it has been baking, arts and crafts or writing/doodling in my journal. I have been a bit scatter gun in my approach and now have at least half a dozen unfinished projects. In fact the only thing I have completed is my January tag.



I embossed a piece of black card with a cog embossing folder. Then rubbed a white ink pad over the raised design. and dusted the paper with mica powders in copper, bronze and gold. I stamped on to a scrap of fancy pants paper that looks like a ledger using a variety of Tim's stamp sets and a stamp of a planetary globe, (I can't think of it's proper name) which  was from a magazine that I just had to purchase as I loved the stamp how many other people do that, is it just me? The cogs and propeller are from eco crafts and I used tarnished brass Distress stain to colour them. Mouse is currently completing an art project for school using wire so I appropriated some to make springs to embellish my tag. The ribbon was coloured with a Pro Marker to match the tag. I then distressed it using a heat gun. I am quite pleased with the result, a good start to my tags 2013 I think.

Enjoy your crafting
Georgina

1 comment:

  1. Like this one lots. Mouse is please the wire is coming in useful not just to feed the Dino's!

    ReplyDelete