Friday 30 November 2012

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2012 November

November brings the frost to make your feet and fingers glow, so what better time to keep warm and cosy indoors and craft, craft, craft.

I have finished up with something totally different from what was started. Mostly because I needed to re-ink my clear embossing ink pad, after several attempts at getting a good impression with the un-inked pad and having to cut off the original wording which was quite large and said blessed, I eventually stamped my flower in a very light blue ink and heat embossed it. The re-inker is still on the loose I am sure it will find itself soon.

I used distressed inks to colour the background, the flowers and butterfly. Once I had removed the embossing powder from the flower I over stamped the flower with metallic distress stain and the word blessed is also stamped in the same  stain and is about a 10th of the size of the original which took up a lot of my tag space. Having chopped the original tag about I mounted what was left of it onto black card to create my tag. I think I like the effect better than my original idea.


Happy crafting
Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment