Thursday 18 October 2012

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2012 October

The tag that I had envisioned when I started is not the tag you see today.
It started out with the same premise a grave/tomb stone. I was thinking of Disney as my inspiration  I love the walk through line of the hunted mansion with all the amusing sayings on the grave stones, I had several amusing ditties in my head I was going inscribe on to my grave stone along with a glittered black cat, some skeleton bones maybe a witches hat and broom, you get the picture. Instead I have ended up with something much more reflective.

I decided that I wanted to have an angel on my grave stone and as I had not used print on the background (as in Tim's tag) I decided to use print for the angel the closest thing to hand was an old news paper. While I was waiting for the ink to dry I was reading the paper as you do. It was an article about the lost of innocent life due to the interests  greed, beliefs and the physical and cognitive behavior of others, which, got me thinking about how history has a way of continually repeating it's self, it seems we never learn what we never learn. Gosh! I sound very morbid and moralizing I don't mean to be, this is just my humble and simple tribute to all those innocent souls past, present and future, lost to the beliefs and actions of others.


The card stock is coloured in shades of grey Promarkers,The angel is a Crafty individuals stamp and the cat is a WRMM stamp, stamped onto black card, with Stickles for the eyes and collar the covered with Glossy Accents.The broom is made from a coffee stirrer and some raffia. The grass has been cut from a Sizzix die then covered in glitter, coloured with Lettuce Alcohol Ink.The inscription which does not show up very well  on the photo reads Beloved Innocent 1692.

Until next time enjoy your crafting.
Georgina





No comments:

Post a Comment