Saturday 10 March 2012

Another altered page

I find Altered books difficult possibly due to the fact that from a very early age we were expected to respect the  written word and not to deface books. Tearing a page whilst not a punishable crime it was definitely frowned upon. So even if in my opinion the book is pants I have a real problem with any kind of defacement whether it be notes in the margins or folded corners, but I am working on it. In this techno age of the kindle they say paper books have had their day, not for me, a kindle just doesn't smell right.

Sorry, I digress, back to the topic in hand my altered book started with Dyan Reaverely earlier this year at a Ranger on the road event I decided to stick with it and finish it, they say challenging ingrained behaviour and beliefs are good for you so I am busily tearing out pages and hopefully artfully defacing my book. here is my  newly finished page except I am not sure it is finished I may go back to it at a later date once it has had time to settle.



I gessoed the page as I wanted the ink to sit on top of the page, I used Colourcraft Brusho Mist sprays in Rose Red, Sand and burnt Sienna to create the background I wanted a splodgey effect with some of the page showing. I then stamped the background with stamps from PaperArtsy Clocks 5 set in teal and gold ink the gold doen't show up well in the pictures I might try another photo later. The main figure is from a Grapgic 45 12x 12 paper sheet (Time warp I think)along with the flower and butterfly elements. The Woman's head was from a different sheet. I added some pen nibs and a Vintaj decorative brad foe extra interest.The quote says she remained true to herself and is a Donna Downey stamp from Prima

May your day be full of arty joy
Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment